2/17/10

I'm a paleo girl, in a paleo world...

This was the image greeting me at a local health food store today. (Tricia, I've replaced your almond flour, you can bake paleo goodness again!) This both tickled and annoyed me. Tickled because one of the guys who runs the store is very buff (and often over-tanned), and it is validation somehow if he is following paleo. Annoyed because it suggests that this is a fad diet. And that's one of my big fears about this challenge, that I'll treat this as I have other endeavors, as a fad.

But sticking to the positive side of things: they finally had hazelnuts! I am now going to scour the web looking for a delicious recipe in which to use said hazelnuts. Um, after work, of course.

3 comments:

  1. I nominate this recipe: brussels sprouts with bacon and hazelnuts. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=780349

    I've been wanting to try it and haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) Tricia, that's a no-brainer, maybe as a break-the-challenge treat?

    B) Melissa, I am trying that tonight and will get back to you!

    ReplyDelete