2/23/10

Day 36

Stats:
Lbs. lost: 6
Inches lost: No idea because we didn't measure. Doh!
PRs: 8 (if memory serves)
Clothing size: Same, but fitting differently. Hips are obscenely large, or maybe they just look that way because of the insane hour glass I'm getting in my waist.

Intangibles:
"Do you feel better?" People keep asking this, and my answer, honestly, is no. I don't feel worse, certainly, but I'm still tired a lot, and my body is tired from one workout to the next, more so I'd say than before I started the challenge. My mood is pretty even, and there is the very big upside that I haven't mentally berated myself for food choices in 36 whole days (undoubtedly a PR for me)!

"Have your workouts improved?" I don't know for sure, but I think so. I keep underestimating my abilities, and then coming in with a better time or result than I thought I had in me.

I do know for sure that my ATTITUDE has improved. I'm super excited to get to the gym. I no longer "hate" any given exercise. Yes, there are certain things I'm not great at (ring dips, push ups, box jumps), but there's nothing I dread anymore as a single event.

The total commitment to eat right seems pointless if I'm not pushing super hard at the gym every day, so I don't skip workouts. I feel much more like a committed crossfitter now--not an outsider, not the fat girl who can't get it done, but someone who is making it happen. This attitude shift, I think, is the greatest gift the challenge has given me thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment