1/22/10

Badass on a Budget

For folks who don't know, I like to stretch my dollar. I'm not cheap exactly -- I'll pay for my quality goods-- but I'm a girl on a budget with some serious financial goals. In that regard, paleo is going to be a bit of a challenge for me. Produce isn't insanely expensive or anything, but figuring out how much to buy so it doesn't spoil, without wasting gas on repeated trips to the market is something I think about.

This is why I'm a fan of multi-dish meals. You know, that dish you can make in a big pot and eat over and over throughout the week. I particularly like spicy dishes that get better over time. "Better-overs" for lack of a more appropriate term.

Anyhow, I was reading this post on favorite recipes for multiple meals, when I noticed most folks really love their pasta as a one-stop multiple meal dish. This clearly will not do.

Luckily other folks have been tackling this issue, and I saw this recipe for slow cooked pork shoulder today over at The Label Says Paleo.

I'm not sure it's the quick stop multi-meal I'm looking for, but it's a start. Lately I've been eating a lot of tomato sauce over steamed broccoli or spaghetti squash, so that may do. I'm also hoping to find a beanless chili recipe. In any case, expect more updates on the paleo lifestyle for a girl on a budget. Everyone loves a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment